Very few things go together as well as bananas, chocolate, and peanut butter. This is one of my favorite flavor combinations and today I wanted to combine them in one tasty muffin. The double dose of chocolate from these muffins are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth without adding any sugar to the muffin mix.
These muffins are wonderful for breakfast or any time of the day. They are vegan, gluten free, and oil free.
The best part is that they are super easy to make. These muffins can go from a craving to a snack in your belly in about 20 minutes. They are that easy!
They also provide a nice boost of Omega 3s with the addition of the chia seeds.
- 3¾ cups oats
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1./4 tsp sea salt
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 1 cup nut milk + 2 TB (I use coconut)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 TB chia seeds
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips + more for topping (I use Enjoy Life)
- 3 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 TB creamy peanut butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease muffin pans or line pan with non stick muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, prepare chocolate swirl ingredients.
- In a food processor, pulse oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour oat mixture in large mixing bowl.
- Add bananas, milk, and vanilla to the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Combine banana mixture with oat mix and stir well.
- Fold in chia seeds and chocolate chips.
- Fill each of the muffin tins ¼ of the way full with the banana mixture.
- Next layer the chocolate mixture.
- Finally, top with the rest of the banana mixture.
- Create the swirl effect with a butter knife.
- Top with additional chocolate chips if you like.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.